The advertisements, if any above, are Google-sponsored.
We have NO drop-in hours, you must have an appointment!
Please DO NOT call before 9 am., nor after 4 pm.
BARGAIN BASEMENT page!
New & repaired electronics; ....& some household items.
SOME ITEMS ARE FREE!
EVER TRIED TO GET A GUARANTEE AT A PRIVATE SALE OR A GARAGE SALE?
WE GENERALLY GUARANTEE WHAT WE SELL!
Much shown on this page IS available BEFORE we re-open in Carson City, NV.
For items on this page ONLY: 775-461-3530
1. Two hand-made Baoding Chiming Balls, with case. "Made since ~1000 AD". Rotate them by hand to hear the sound. The Chinese claimed health & mental calmness from their use. With booklet. $25
2. For Olympus D500-L or D600-L: extra memory cards, A.C. Adapter C-7AU, manual, etc. I no longer have the camera, it was accidentally destroyed ...boooo hoooo (dropping things from high up will do that). FREE!!!
3. Audio/Video Enhancer, model FA-310, in like-new condition throughout, made by Niippon Shokuhin Sangyo Co, of Japan. Two channels of Left and Right audio input and video input; and same for outputs. Can be used as mono or stereo. 120VAC 50 or 60 Hz input, 6 watts. Video inputs and outputs are standard 1Vp-p, 75 ohms, unbalanced. Audio input is 500mv 47k; and output 500mv 1k. Sharpness is +14db at 2 mhz. Audio noise reduction 9 db minimum at 8Khz. This item is well-built mechanically and electronically, and heavier than it looks from it's size; which is approximately 3 inches by 2 inches by 8 inches. Expected shipping weight is 4 pounds. It has been tested and is guaranteed to be working properly. Comes with Instruction Manual (manual is very usable, but has some spilt coffee staining). The original purpose of this unit was to enhance video during transfer/copying/dubbing. The unit decreased the drop in resolution and improved the signal-to-noise ratio. Videos would have snowy smeared pictures greatly improved. Fading was cancelled, and in general picture quality improved overall. This unit uses the double-delay-line approach, which improved the leading edge and the trailing edge of waveforms; rather than cheaper and lesser quality enhancers that only operated on the leading edge of waveforms. Ease of operation too, only one knob controls sharpness. A noise suppression circuit is included that works on BOTH audio AND video. Hiss is reduced, and NOT from 'cutting highs' as done in lesser units. $25.
4. STEREO Audio Mixer. 6 channels left and right. Individual reverb on each. Level and tone controls for each channel. Microphone and line inputs. Phantom power for the microphones. Master volume control and master tone control. Both stereo and left and right outputs.
Why so cheap ($20)? What's the deal here?
This came to us for repairs due to the protection light being on ...and no audio output FROM THE POWER AMPLIFIERS. We determined that the entire front panel is functioning properly, and the problem is that one of the 'packaged' power amp sections is NG. Fender Musical Instruments can NOT supply the packaged power unit. We obtained this Fender Passport 300 PRO from the customer. It is not worth our time to repair the power amplifier on a component level basis. Thus, we are offering this as a working 6 channel mixer. PRICE REDUCED TO $20.
5. This is a Memorex DVD/CD player. Checked out ...and appears to be brand-new ...in the box with all packing and paperwork, etc. It has a remote control which includes all sorts of functions, including slow motion and zoom. This player will work with your HiFi or TV, or both. RCA jacks for outputs but also includes S-video output. It is quite small and compact, less than 10 inches wide and nicely thin. Black. Note that it works with all TV screen sizes, INCLUDING 16:9 and 4:3 types, as it is adjustable for them. PRICE REDUCED TO $25.00 plus tax, and it is, of course, guaranteed!
6. A very nice appearing Alesis effects type Wildfire 60 combo amp. Really nice Tolex case and excellent speaker. The amplifier has a blown output transistor, and also needs a new input jack. Since it would probably cost me ~$25 for parts, plus labor, and I could not likely recoup my costs, I have decided to just sell it for its speaker (case and amp free), $20 to you. I do have one of the jacks, which you can purchase from me ...fix it yourself...and I probably have the small parts you might need. If it does not sell, and I find time to play with it, I might fix it. It will then be sold for $70 or so.
7. Quality musicians and HiFi replacement speakers, with cone sizes 8", 10", 12", 15". Heavy duty speakers; some 8 ohms, some 4 ohms, some brand new, some rebuilt professionally, some still in original boxes. Brands like Emminence, Fender, etc. Priced under wholesale. These are NOT used/removed from equipment. One of these is a Fender-SWR 15" heavy duty speaker $83.45 wholesale cost plus shipping to me. It is in the original shipping box. Make me an offer for any of these.
NOTE also, that I have a HUGE collection of much smaller speakers. Cheap!
8. Wharfdale Diamond IV 8 ohm speaker. Small, bookshelf type, powerful, with a high wattage capacity ...a QUALITY item. Only one of these, and priced at only $10 ...yeah, really! Free if you purchase the above Fender-SWR speaker.
I also have a couple of similar size, both one brand, lower power, both for $10 ...yeah, really!
9. Huge inventory of transistors, IC's, resistors, capacitors, etc. We have also supplied these to shops and hobbyists, particularly since there is no Radio Shack store. About 80% of the transistors are high power types. Many thousands of items. Typically considerably discounted.
10. Video camera, Colby, BRAND NEW and still in original sealed package. Very simple to operate. 1.3 Mp, 2.4" bright color display flip-out & rotatable viewer. ~3 hours recording time on any standard 4 Mb SD-SDHC type memory card. Supports up to a 16Gb memory card. AVI, M-JPEG format. Will play into a TV, cable is included. Features include still capture, LED low-light assist, 4 X digital zoom, USB transfer port. Uses 3 each AAA common batteries. Comes with installation CD. Will work with most computers ...and it DOES support Windows 7, Vista, etc. You can have it for $13.
11. ATI Radeon Graphic Accelerator card. Complete with packaging, box, instructions, and installation disc. Does NOT need a fan, has its own gold plated large heat-sink, very nice item! ATI Radeon 9550 AGP 256 Mb DDR2 8X. There are several versions of the 9550, this was the best one. Just plug it into a slot in your computer. Especially nice if you have integrated video and want to upgrade for such as more intense graphics work, large monitor size, gaming, etc. Tested & guaranteed! I was going to put this new unit in a table-top PC computer, then decided to purchase a laptop. Only $10.
I will consider bartering, trading, whatever, for most things, so ask! I need storage space for ongoing projects, etc.
12. One piece only of Arabia pottery; genuine, ASK!
13. A very good camera outfit, for sale or trade. I purchased this entire outfit brand new for a commercial project, it has had only light use, and is in absolutely wonderful condition. It all is fitted into a Halliburton 'Zero' aluminum and padded carrying case. The camera is a Minolta XD11; with the Minolta DataBack fitted (regular back also included). This camera is a true focal-plane type, yet has automatic aperature and shutter modes, selectable, programmable. Minolta was the first maker to do that, long ago, and it was so good that elements of its design were used by Leica in the R4. This camera is rugged, metal and substantial (NOT plastic!). It has been in storage here a long time.
It comes with a variety of lenses and goodies:
Minolta Rokkor-X, 20 mm F2.8
Minolta Rokkor-X, 50 mm F1.4
Vivitar Zoom lens...this is the Macro focusing Auto Zoom, F3.5, 70-210 mm
The lenses are all auto-coupled.
3X TelXtender...and, yes, it is coupled. This will increase the focal length by three times.
Telescopic lens adapter, you can use your eyeball and the long lens with this!
Spiratone Vignetar adapter, adjustable.
Includes all sorts of filters (including Hoya 67 mm '80A' used for daylight with 3200° lamps), both 55mm and 67 mm polarizing filters, lens adaptors, extenders, Minolta high magnification adapter for viewfinder, Rollei 134B Automatic Electronic Flash (16" to 20 feet coverage and battery OR AC powered), literature, manuals, various shutter releases, lens cases, lipstick type lens brush, you really shouldn't need anything else ...except maybe a couple of fresh AA batteries. Price reduced to $200. Will sell/trade/barter.
14. Classic Royal typewriter. This one is in SUPER condition, everything works properly. VERY nice appearing. This is the rare & original round-key model. The narrow white fuzzy vertical streaks above the top row of keys do not exist, they are a reflection from the shiny nickel rims of the keys. I still use this occasionally. True museum quality. Extra ribbons too, and guaranteed to work properly. Comes with a nicely made cover. $150.00 including manual/history, etc.
15. A more modern long carriage Remington typewriter, $40.
16. Very nice projectors. One is 35 and 2-1/4 (both sizes), 500 watt; other is a 8 mm movie projector. Both in very nice condition, and guaranteed. Ask me about them. I probably will toss-in a viewer and some other stuff, even brand-new spare lamp, etc.
17. I seldom sell my test equipment, but an item will be offered now and then that I no longer need.
This offering is an antique. LARGE Bureau of Standards type of fan-style dynamometer A.C. voltmeter, mirror scale, jeweled bearings, and in original wood-case with leather handle, etc. An antique, but in perfect working condition, and extremely accurate. Suitable for actual use OR museum, these are known for their preciseness and the obtainium these days of a dynamometer style of movement which eliminates errors present in regular analog or digital meters due to waveform distortion. Price reduced to $175. GUARANTEED!
18. I have an oscilloscope for sale. It is LEADER brand, has a 5" CRT tube, single channel, 10Mhz response, that is quite adequate for most uses in an electronics shop. It has all the usual sensitivity and sweep controls, sync, etc. This one is available with or without a box of BRAND NEW CRT tubes, that you can keep or sell. $50 for the oscilloscope and $80 for the extra CRT's. This oscilloscope can be a workhorse for audio and receiver alignment, etc.
19. I have more household items and things on my technical repairs hobby website:
Some of those items will be put in this bargain-basement page as (IF!) I get 'around to it' (do you know what a round-tuit, is?).
20 Large, heavy, real gold, rubies, diamonds, Chinese Year of Dragon, Pendant.
Last check/edit: Friday, January 03, 2020